Wednesday 19 September 2012

Hallway Update

The Hallway seems to be taking us forever to finish, maybe its just because I walk through it so often so notice it more than I would any other unfinished room.

Luckily, my Parents have just been to stay for a couple of days and my Dad very kindly fitted new handrails and spindles on our stairs and I can't believe what a difference it has made. It has inspired me to get on with it now.

Here are a few before & after pictures:


 

As well as looking much better, it is also much safer for the children. The gap always worried me on the stairs but now there is no way they could fall through. There are also more spindles on the landing now (13 instead of 9) so no way little ones can try to squeeze through. A big relief.

Now, I need to decide how to finish it. I'm undecided between leaving them natural, painting the whole thing white or painting part white and staining part. I have been posting lots of pictures to my Pinterest, trying to help me to decide.  
I particularly love this one:


I love the contrast of the white and the wood, so think we might go for this.

Hopefully it won't be too long before my next Hallway update!!

Thank you for reading xx



Project Hallway


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...