Wednesday 20 May 2015

Before and After ~ Chest of Drawers

Hello, today I wanted to share with you a makeover I recently did on a chest of drawers.

The bow front drawers were an absolute bargain from the charity shop at £30!!



I removed the handles, sanded them down and gave them a good clean with star drops. Once they had dried, I gave them one coat of Annie Sloan chalk paint (as an undercoat) and then two coats of Farrow & Ball eggshell. (The F&B colour is actually a mix of dove tale and joa's white).



The handles were bought on a market on this trip to France. The bedspread and curtains are both from Next



I'm really pleased with how they turned out, they look like they are worth much more than £30 now!

Today I am linking up with The Twinkle Diaries and Mummy of Boy Girl Twins with their 'Home etc' blog hop! Please pop over to read lots more home, garden and interior makeovers and ideas.






Home Etc


I'm also linking up with The Dedicated House - Before & After Wednesday
The Dedicated House
Thank you for reading xx

12 comments:

  1. That looks great - and I love it when old furniture gets a new lease of life too. #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely fab – loved the before look too – what an absolute fine! I really need to get my bargain hunting eyes on – it’s amazing what you can pick up! #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I saw one similar in a second hand furniture store for £80 but then found this in a charity shop for £30 so will stick to the charity shops from now on :) I do love a bargain! x

      Delete
  3. Looks great. I love the transformation of painting up old furniture. Mind, I like the before too actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bekki! I liked the before too but doing our bedroom in greys, whites and creams so wanted it to match. I don't mind painting furniture when it was really cheap :) x

      Delete
  4. Oh that colour is divine! WHAT a makeover. It looks absolutely stunning. Wow. It goes so well with your bedroom decor and bedding. Beautiful. What a bargain too. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing - much appreciated. Jess x #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, you're welcome! I've enjoyed having a nosey at the other makeovers!! Thank you, I'm really pleased with it! I have one more set of drawers to paint and the HUGE wardrobe and then the bedroom is done :) Tracy x
      p.s. the bedding and curtains are both from Next x

      Delete
  5. Aaah it looks FABULOUS!!!! Well done you — what a gorgeous transformation! I often think that if people saw the thing they'd chucked out, after it had received a makeover, they'd probably want it straight back!! ;) Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc x

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caro! I totally agree, I only have to think of the things I threw out from my first house and some of the things my Parents have thrown out, it all could have been transformed into something beautiful! Oh well, luckily lots of people do pass on to charity shops for us to buy :) xx

      Delete
  6. This turned out just lovely! I love the fan detail and the buttons are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at The Round-Up from the Before & After Wednesday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/05/the-round-up-from-before-after-wednesday_27.html Hope to see you this afternoon for Before & After Wednesday! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kathryn, wow thank you so much for featuring me!! I have proudly added the badge onto my blog!! I look forward to joining in again soon xx

      Delete

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...